3.19.2008

dreamin of hawthorne

being here is utah has caused me to miss a few little things about oregon. besides the gloomy rainy days, the frizzy hair and depression that accompanies the constant drizzle or downpour, i miss the shopping! they say you never know a good thing until you no longer have it; how true that statement is!?

my favorite spot to shop in all of portland is hawthorne. i miss the grungy atmosphere, the vintage clothes and the total bargains and special little finds that go hand in hand with that street. just the thought of hawthorne brings me back to days of meeting up with my best friend breanne and just roaming into every single little shop, just for the heck of it and laughing till my face hurt; of finding a dank parking spot with my brother and running into 'red light' like a little kid into a candy shop and then dressing up in things we knew we would never buy just for a good laugh.

you better believe that i am saving up my pennies until i have a chance to grace this blessed stress again in a month. hawthore here i come!!

2 comments:

Derek said...

yeah! I love how being away makes you miss little things. the rain, the shopping - those are your things as funny as they are. I miss the green! and most of all my family.

I love love your blog. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. Are you still thinking about going to Oregon for easter?

Anonymous said...

Ok well, Hawthorne is only a few weeks away. Let's put it on the to do list for sure. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!! Guess who?