1.21.2010

i think

that one of my favorite things is to admire things. that might sound weird, but hear me out. i love looking at art and appreciating the thought process behind each painting, picture, drawing and then, if even for just a moment, jumping into the world that the artist has molded out of their medium of choice.

i know that i am in no way a "creative", but i sure can recognize and appreciate one. i dont have the inspiration to muscle up my own home designs, but i know what angles, textiles and colors i like to look at. i have no clue how to make up a pattern out of fabric and develop an innovative fashion trend, but i do have a clue what looks heinous even if it is still on the hanger. and i would never call myself a 'photographer', but i can tell the difference between a talented photographer and someone who just has a sweet camera. in other words, i just have dang good taste ;)

you may notice that this blog is inindated with brilliant ideas, most of which are not my own. one day i might get the creative genious i need to become a "creative", but for now lets just say that two minds are better than one.

with that said, here are a few paintings that i admire dearly.
and the artist who is to thank.

2 comments:

Aly said...

... if there is anything virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.

me too.

Mardi and Jeremey said...

I LOVE this last one. Seriously, I want it.