9.28.2009

monday moment

"A few weeks ago Easton and I were sitting in the living room playing together. At the time, I was unemployed, so I had a lot of time to spend with him (which was awesome), but needless to say I was sort of frustrated with things. Easton had reached the point where he could pull himself up and walk along the edge of the couch or the coffee table, but had not yet walked on his own. We were sitting about 10 feet apart, rolling a ball back and forth to each other. Suddenly, without warning, he rolled forward, stood up, and with a huge smile on his face and arms outstretched, he walked over to me. I can't describe the feeling I had at the moment, but it was spectacular. So much pride, so much love, and excitement at participating in this little milestone in his life. In that moment, all the frustration and worry about being unemployed disappeared and I remembered that what was most important in my life, was the wonderful wife and beautiful son I am lucky enough to have. The memory of that moment will be with me forever."

Dave Oldham - Global Vice President for The Arbinger Institute

4 comments:

Jenn Oldham said...

What a cute little boy! Being a parent is for sure amazing!

Melissa O said...

Who knew Dave could be such a softy. :)

Ryan and Ali said...

Hands down the cutest kid ever! I'm glad he could brighten your day dave!

We should probably exchange "real" numbers soon...

k. said...

I don't believe in blog stalking, so... hi. :)

Clicked on your blog via Heather's (& your popcorn recipe) & was sort of shocked to see a photo of my parent's cabin! I'm Joanna's sister. She's marrying your brother (in-law) Nate, yes?

What a small, happy world. :)