5.13.2008

happy endings

i have concluded that although i do not have as many pictures as i would like, i just need to post the little story of our wonderful engagement and show off my beautiful ring!

our story starts out simple. aaron was my home teacher and was the type of guy that i had always dreamt of dating. he always kept me laughing, he flattered me and treated me like a princess, he had a passion for music, for fashion, for his family and was ambitious and smart. early in our friendship, before i clued in to what a dream boat he was, he constantly found ways to sweep me off my feet and although in the beginning i was unable to commit to him 100%, he waited patiently for me to get a clue.

i finally caught up and since the 30th of september i have been the happiest girl alive. he still makes me laugh constantly, still treats me like a queen and we know share the same passions, most importantly his family. i have really fallen in love with them and they have been so welcoming and open in making me feel like i have a home away from home.

aaron has become my other half, my better half, my help-meet, my constant support and my forever love. on april 30th, 2008 aaron crept into my room early in the morning and surprised me with two gorgeous bouquets of flowers wishing me a happy seven months. he then proceeded to set up a chair, collected his guitar and his thoughts and sang me an incredible song that he had written about our little love story. he finished the song on his knee, pulled out a ring box and asked me to marry him!

i could not be happier! i am still over joyed! there were no tears, just a perpetual smile that i could not wipe from my face. please note that july 18th, 2008 kathryn danielle strawn will be sealed to aaron cameron oldham for time and all eternity in the salt lake temple. i am so excited to spend the rest of my life with the man that makes me want to be better, every single day.
here is a picture of the wonderful ring that i could not be more in love with:)

6 comments:

Melissa O said...

That is a fabulous love story. Love your ring. Congrats

Tanner Family Blog said...

What a great story! I am so happy for you both - and it is true - I have never seen you happier! Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

REALLY cute story. Congratulations!

Bethany Peterson said...

Man. You sound like Edward from Enchanted. I love your story and I LOVE LOVE LOVE you and Aaron and I'm SO happy for you two!!

aaron eskaran said...

I hope he didn't sing the ..."When I wake up... when I wake up... ah SIIIING TO YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT MAH FRIENDS!"

that would have been a good eye opener that morning huh?

YAY!

Anonymous said...

Your story is wonderful and beautifully written. I'm so happy for you and Aaron and the love you share. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm so happy your are happy.