5.28.2008

defeated

so i have recently discovered that deep inside me i truly believe i can conquer all. bring it on, i will not be defeated i say! yet, i have also discovered the ever more prominent even deeper wuss that i am. this has really been a struggle for me. a constant tug between wonder woman and puss'n'boots.
exhibit a: rock climbing. i have seen it done a thousand times, i have scoured over pictures and magazines featuring huge walls of rock and longed to prove my wonder woman skills and shimmy up with the greatest of ease. so when aaron and i are invited to go rock climbing with our friends ben and shara, obviously i am ready to prove my agility and show off my super powers. after watching my darling beau climb the wall like a pro as well as numerous other small children, i was confident that this wall was beyond ready for me to display my inherit rock climbing skills. THREE FEET LATER, i was looking down from the towering highs that i had amounted to and succumbed to my ever more apparent fear of hights let go of the wall and put my feet down on the ground. welp, i tried.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVED this post! As a fellow afraid-of-heights gal, i cant totally relate...

Anonymous said...

i think she means CAN relate

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you for trying. Not all of the walls we climb are physical. You are a wonder woman to me.