2.14.2008

valentines day



the ever so infamous valentines day. this time has really gathered me in reflection however. this last monday at family home evening we had a lesson on love, obviously, and it really struck a chord with me. it was mentioned that the love that really matters, the love of Christ, is ever prevelant in our lives. why is it that like christmas this one day in the year reminds us to turn to the ones we love and reach out a special effort to let them know. my realized goal is, thus, to constantly be reminding those i love how much they mean to me. do not let us leave the feeling of valentines day in the trash with the chocolate wrappers and cards, but let us always remember that "now abideth faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."(1Cor 13:13)
speaking of love . . . Aaron, my incredible beau, woke me up this morning with roses, french toast and gifts before work! what more could a girl ask for, really? i am the luckiest girl alive, no joke. true love is kissing me with morning breath and pillow hair and then running out in the freezing cold to bury my car out of six inches of snow. Did I mention he makes me the happiest I have ever been? happy valentines day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That heart is awesome! Great thought you have written here. Thanks for sharing. THANKS A LOT. jomomma