10.03.2011

& so my needs are great.

this weekend was LDS General Conference weekend & in turn was a peaceful, uplifting weekend spent with incredible friends & a fantastic family. all i could think of the entire 8 hours of listening to our beloved prophet & apostles was how to apply their teachings in my life so as to become a better mother & wife. i knew my life would change dramatically when i had Monroe, but i had no idea how persistently he would be at the very forefront of my mind. i sing him 'i am a child of God' each time i lay him down to sleep, but i had no idea that even the simple words to that little primary song would take on a whole new meaning to me. i understand that i am quite literally raising a child of our Father in Heaven & that mantle upon my shoulders is one that i carry with pride, admiration, honor & love. in turn i could not be more grateful for the loving examples of mothers all around me. i look up to my girl friends for support & council & i turn to my sister-in-laws for advice & love. it really does take a village to raise a child & my village is full of absolutely incredible people.

we started our sunday with a few of the afore mentioned amazing friends & shared waffles & great conversation about the temple, going up just a few short blocks from our house, among children's laughter & babies coos {or, as in roe's case, cries}.
we finished up the afternoon up at my, also previously mentioned, fantastic in-laws home. where, despite his lack of naps, the onset of teething & obsessive attachment to mommy, roe spent a while in the arms of my sweet father-in-law.
i am so very grateful for the guidance we received this weekend from our church leaders & for the ongoing acute advice & loving support from our dear friends & family.

1 comment:

Lea Tame said...

Wish we could have joined for the conference festivities!