5.26.2010

www

i wanted to start our 'what to wear wednesdays' with the basics - those small but essential items that make me feel glamorous despite what i have to choose from in my closet.

numero uno wardrobe essential - your face.
your face is the first thing that people see when they meet you, it is the emotion center of your appearance and must be well maintained. unlike most women, i hate washing my face. to me, its so much hassle - pull my hair back after scrambling to find a clip and headband, getting the water to the right temperature, then splashing my face a few times, then applying wash and scrubbing, then rinsing and after all of that cleaning and drying the counter of all residue {ew right?}.

i have not yet perfected the skincare method, but i did recently invest a whopping $5 in this little number from sephora:its called the 'precision pore cleansing pad' and it is magical, trust me. this way my gubby fingers never touch my face while washing and it feels like a mini-vacation every time i use it. regardless of your regimen make sure that your face takes a top priority when you get ready each day, clean, moisturize and care for that face of yours; you are stuck with it for the rest of your days :)

numero dos - your hair.
if your like me a bad hair day equals bad day all around. im trying not to sound super shallow here, but good hair is kind of a big deal to making sure that you are put together. NOTE: this does in no way mean that you must spend hours pulling your do together. however it does mean that if you want your outfit to look bangin, then you need to start at the top.

here are a few simple, fast and easy ideas that i recommend.
1 - the pony tail.
this can work in so many ways - see beyonce rockin the slick back look with the high pony (be confident in that big forehead;), or nicole richie with the feminine braid into low pony or lauren conrad with the elegant side part and low, side pony. test a few things out and find a go-to pony that works for you!

2 - beach waves aka "boho".
for some this look may require more effort however, i love the above picture of jessica szohr because it proves that you dont need to have perfect ringlets to pull it off. my secret? sleep with damp/wet hair twisted into a bun - wake up to waves!

3 - classic straight.
if your hair has body, embrace it! dont try to flatten that natural volume out. if your hair lays flat naturally, embrace it! accessorize with headbands and add volume with style, but no matter what figure out what works best for you!

numero tres - eyes/lips.
you gotta pick a team here people - you either like your lips better or your eyes. either way make sure that you are emphasizing ONE of these daily (never do flashy eyes, flashy lips at the same time - trust me, its too costumey). ie. powerhouse eyes, nude/light lipgloss. bright red lips natural eyes.
i have always preferred my eyes and so for that reason i invested in eyelash extensions {email me for more details and my girl's info. it will change your life}.

ladies, i only say all of this stuff because this is what makes me feel beautiful, not because i think that this is the only truth about feeling beautiful. was this helpful? do you disagree with what i said? what is your regimen for feeling like a rockstar when you are running errands during the day? do tell!

your gal pal, www

4 comments:

Keisha said...

I loved this post. I feel so ugly lately! Keep these WWW's coming!!!;)

Christin said...

I love this and have been looking forward to it because I have always loved and admired your style. I can wait to see what other tips you have, and I totally agree with all that you have writen so far!

Erin said...

Does Aaron play in a band at Velour? Maybe I got him mixed up with someone else. Do you have good friends who play at Velour?

torri said...

I think you need to post about how you do a bun...because I tried that tip about going to bed with your damp hair in a bun and it didn't work so well for me!
My newest favorite find that makes me feel glamorous is the Covergirl Smoky Shadow Blast for eyes...it's so easy and you can even throw it in your purse and put it on whenever you want without needing a brush! I love it. :)