11.24.2009

belated monday moment.

i have not been the greatest blogger as of recent only because i have been trying to be the best wife, friend and employee as possible. now i have a little time to breathe and want to catch up on those monday moments that i hope will bring me back to reality weekly.

you may or may not know, i am our ward choir director - please refrain from laughing, i know this sounds ridiculous. the past three/four months i have been working on 'come thou fount of every blessing' with the choir and, this past sunday, we were finally able to unveil my wonderful choir members and their fantastic talents, during our ward conference. now, my intention here is in no way to brag, but honestly the choir sounded fabulous. i could not be happier.

after our performance i walked back to my seat not only thrilled that all of the hard work paid off, but immensely overcome with the spirit of music. the first thing that aaron said to me when i sat down was "i had no idea that you got so into it!" {apparently i was failing my arms like a complete manic the whole time}, but aaron is right. i am SO into it. i truly love music with all of my heart. i love listening to it, i love singing it and most of all i love being a part of its production. being the ward choir director has really been a test of my musical abilities, but i have grown close to the members in our ward in the best way i could possibly imagine, through song and music.

music is the common thread in each of us and although some dance to the beat of their own drum, we can all hear the beat. Even those who cannot hear the beat phycially can feel it in their soul and dance right along with the rest of us.

in the words of my favorite elf, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."
*above are the beautiful words to the song that we sung on sunday.

7 comments:

michael ann said...

oh miss kayti!

i never had a chance to tell you on sunday, but the choir sounded so fabulous! when you guys started singing, my husband and i looked at each other, both our mouths open amazed. best group of ward singers i think i've ever heard. that, and you couldn't have picked a better song :]

Kendra and Nathan said...

I didn't think you were flailing your arms! And it did turned out well. You have a good sense of pushing to do something hard, but not so hard that we end up sounding horrible because we didn't have enough to time to nail it. Plus, you can't go wrong with Come Thou Fount.

Heidi Ence said...

Hey! I remember singing this in Encore and it was one of my very favorite songs! Kudos for helping your ward to sound awesome!

Heidi (Daniels) Ence

Congrats on getting married too, since I haven't seen or talked to you forever!

Saedi said...

That is so awesome! I wish I could have been there to hear it, there are few things as fun as a good choir! Good work Kayti!! By the way, how is the detox coming? I'd love an update!

Tiffany said...

Kayti I love this! You are so cute and it makes me want to come in 2 weeks when you perform again :) P.S. thanks for coming in last night!

Lea Tame said...

Kayti, sounds like it was a success! Yay, I knew it would be! Can't wait to see you again!

Anonymous said...

You were born singing and dancing. Music is your gift and blessing. I love your words and grateful you shared this, flailing arms and all. So glad it went well and wish I could have been there. I miss you and can't wait to see you and Aaron. Love, Mom